Each year, St John Ambulance Australia:
- Delivers 430,000 first aid certificates, making it Australia’s largest first aid training provider;
- Provides 1.2 million hours of voluntary service;
- Treats 60,000 patients.
St John Ambulance Australia has:
- 10,000 first aid volunteers, in their familiar black and white uniforms, provide first aid coverage at public events and wherever crowds gather;
- 3,600 Cadets (11-18 years) and over 500 Juniors (8-10 years) in its youth development program;
- 2,300 non-uniformed community care volunteers, providing friendship, reassurance, survival skills and literacy support programs to those in need;
- numerous other volunteers who support crucial fundraising and awareness programs;
- 3,500 paid and volunteer ambulance officers in Western Australia and the Northern Territory, providing critical response and non-emergency patient transport;
- 700 accredited, highly qualified and trained first aid instructors;
- 1,900 paid staff members.