St John Ambulance Australia is the premier provider of first aid services at public events and emergencies. Each year our 10,000 First Aid Services volunteers, in their familiar black and white uniforms, care for around 80,000 sick and injured people and provide over 600,000 hours of service to their communities.
St John Ambulance has a solid track record in the provision of first aid and pre-hospital care at international events including the Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games and World Police and Fire Games. We are also the key providers of first aid services at major sporting venues, music festivals, public celebrations and other mass gatherings.
St John Ambulance is able to offer all of the things that you need from a first aid or pre-hospital care service provider for your event
- Volunteers who are qualified and accredited by a Registered Training Organisation to provide pre-hospital care. Our volunteers include St John First Aiders, First Responders and Advanced Responders, as well as Doctors, Nurses and Paramedics.
- A highly visible, recognisable and accessible presence.
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance for its members and activities.
- Infrastructure support including vehicles, equipment and communications.
- Casualty Records for all casualties treated.
- Back-up personnel in the event of an emergency.
- Nation-wide partners.
- An organisation with a strong policy and procedure framework covering matters including child protection, privacy, complaints, sexual harassment and occupational health and safety.
- Accountability for its actions.
In addition to delivering a premier first aid service, St John Ambulance is Australia’s leader in public event health and safety research, leading projects in predictions of workloads, injury surveillance and models of health care provision at public events.
St John Ambulance plays a vital role in most state and territory emergency management plans. It has well developed working relationships with other key emergency service providers including Police, Ambulance and the Fire and Rescue Services.
To have St John Ambulance provide First Aid Services at your event call 1300 360 455 or click on your state/territory below.
Our First Aid Services volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things. For more information about becoming a First Aid Services volunteer click here.